Divorce With Children - Divorce Lawyer David Lutz

This will be a difficult time for your children. When going through a divorce when you have minor children, you have to concern yourself with the children’s’ best interest. At the beginning of your case, you should file a motion for temporary parenting time schedule. This will make your case easier for both parties if they are living separately. In Oakland County MI the friend of the court starts parents meeting at once to assist the parents with their case.

A lawyer should help you determine a fair and equitable overnight schedule with your spouse. If both parties work during the day it may be better for both spouses to have equal parenting time. If one spouse works less hours, it may be better for the spouse to have more parenting time. Remember that the amount of overnights and income determines the amount of child support.

Divorces with minor children seem to have the most problems when determining parenting time. After the divorce, where are the parents going to be living? If one parent moves out of the school district, should the children go with that parent? Whether your divorce is in Oakland or other counties in Michigan, each has a friend of the court system in place. You may have several meetings to help determine the custody, parenting time and child support.

Each county in Michigan has slightly different procedures for going through friend of the court.

Call for a free consultation (248) 535-2520 - David Lutz.